What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Romantic

I can still remember the first time I was called a romantic.
The trees were flowering
Despite the snow round its roots
And I felt the whole world click.
Like I’d been looking for a name
For my rose colored glasses I’d worn all my life.
And I am.
I am a romantic
I imagine the best possible world. 
The ideal of the ideal.
Fresh flowers in vases
Sweet smiling faces
and contentment for the world round.
And she who gave me that name
Spat it like a dirty word.
As if through the rose colored glasses
I couldn't see pain.
And it was then that I realized why I’m a romantic.
Because I’d seen enough of the shit to be happy or kill myself.
I made it out alive.
But only by seeing through my rose colored glasses and knowing...
KNOWING
Things would hit the fan.
But in knowing it would hit the fan
I also knew I’d be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment