What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Run from the Ocean

I want to cut ties and jump ship.
The overwhelming urge to run
Never look back
Just run.
I’ve got a heart as big as the sea.
Holding thousands of lives in it.
Watching the storms batter each one.
But they are in my heart.
I want them to be safe.
I want them to do well
I want them to be happy.
And each time they get dashed upon the rocks
It’s as if I was there as well.
As if it was my hull broken into drift wood.
So sometimes
Late at night
When I am feeling selfish and alone
I dream of running.
Of leaving.
Of cutting all connections.
All voice.
All text.
All emotional.
And just leave.
No more ocean of a heart.
Just me.
Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment