What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oh First Car

Oh first car.
Oh first car.
I can run my eyes up and down you a thousand times
Tracing and retracing and retracing your lines to find something new to love.
And every time I do indeed find that.
I know the timbre of your voice.
The growl as I start you up once again.
And once again you send shivers down my spine
As if it were the first time.
Because for once
You are mine.
And I will do with you as I please.
I will hold you softly.
With hands that shake and itch for you.
I will treat you well.
Though we will have many nights
Where we both returned exhausted
From midnight adventures we cannot tell our parents.
I will treat you well.
We will grow old together.
You will slowly need new parts
And I will slowly grow wrinkled.
And I pray
I only pray I never have to give you up
Because first car
First car I love you dearly
If I have the choice I would never
Give you up.
So first car
Let me run my eyes over you one more time.
Let me sit upon the lawn and stare upon your gleaming body.
Tracing and retracing and retracing your lines with my eyes.
And then
Then let me run my fingers where they will go.
Let me feel the inches of your metal and your sinew
Because you are not you
And I am not I
But rather you are an extension of me
And I am an extension of you
Oh first car
First car
My first love.
Never leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment