What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bright Blue Sky

Sometimes I stare up at the blue sky.
Just blue.
No clouds.
Pure brilliant blue that makes your eyes doubt themselves.
And I can almost smell the dirt.
The way it smelled in the middle of summer,
Not a single cloud,
Roasting in the California dirt.
I can smell its scream for water.
The way it was always thirsty
But it could not drink fast enough when the rains came.
I can look at a pure blue sky
And paint across it a complete story map
Of who I was there.
What rolls I played.
How I was begging for things,
Screaming for things
And never being able to drink fast enough when they came.
So even here
In the middle of a Utah winter
I can smell the summer sun of California.
And just as I did then
I cannot drink it fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment