What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Know Love

My history says I shouldn’t know love.
That I shouldn’t be able to pronounce it.
That I should find blank spaces
Where warm hands and strong hearts should be.
But I don’t.
I know love.
I know it in its many forms.
I know how to send love.
I know how to make grand gestures.
I know how to stand on rooftops
Screaming out love’s name.
I know what it is to love so deeply
You would give your everything for that person.
But I’m not so good at receiving.
Not good at opening my hands wide enough
To hold onto it.
I know love
But only in the sense
That it eternally flows from my heart to another
And not the other way around.
And some would tell me to grow bitter.
To grow angry.
To find only discontentment in this love that I know.
That because I can’t manage to hold onto love
That I should give up all love.
That love should become the four letter word some say it is.
But simply because I haven’t found the place
Where I can turn love over
And write in permanent ink my name across its undercarriage
Doesn’t mean I don’t know love.
I know love.
And I know
Holding on
Is the best thing I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment