What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pancakes

I want pancakes. 
Not the kind soaked in butter
And swimming in syrup
That my mother makes.
Those are nice.
But right now I just want pancakes.
The tasteless
Flawless pancakes
You eat at 2 am.
The kind that stick to the roof of your mouth
And you try not to choke on
As your friend spills his water for the third time.
The kind that are brought to you by the waiter
Who you know by name
But he always forgets to ask you for your order.
Pancakes that taste like late nights or early mornings
Pancakes mixed in chills and starry skies.
Pancakes slapped on plates that hold smiles and fights and frowns.
Pancakes that melt the heart and the winter chills.
Yeah.
Right now all I want is pancakes.
Pancakes that taste more like home
Than a homemade pancake ever did.
Because someday
Someday I know I won’t eat pancakes anymore.
I will push them away and ask the waitress for wheat toast
Just like my grandfather does.
But right now I am young.
I am young and my heart is strong
And all I want to do is eat a plate of pancakes
In the early hours before sunrise
With some of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment