What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

If I were in a Movie

If I were in a movie
I’d be standing backlight in the rubble of a destroyed city.
Arms out wide
Or maybe,
Maybe hands on hips.
Yeah, hands on hips.
I’d stand there with tubas and baritones blaring behind me.
The conqueror of the unconquerable.
I’d smile as the sky slowly shifted from grey
To a slightly lighter shade of grey.
(Cause it’d be in black and white)
Maybe a single tear rolling down my cheek
Tracing out an outline in the dust.
Or maybe a single colored flower blooming out of the rubble.
Something to say I made it.
Because I’ve been living life in black and white too long.
Prayed for rain all to much.
Yeah,
If I were in a movie
This would be the moment where I stood tall
And everything fell back into place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment