What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bad at Being Human

I’m done writing what ifs about us.
I’m done writing one sided rants
Of your insolence.
I’m done writing for forgiveness
And I’m done writing for penitence.
But I’m not done writing.
And I know no matter what I do
No matter how hard I try
No matter how much I chew at these steel chains
I will never be free of you.
 There are some people who knew Papa Hemingway
And they said that he was a great writer
But an awful man.
I think he might agree with that.
And I think you would too.
You’re great at what you do my friend
But you’re an awful human being.
And I wish I had never met you
But I wouldn’t be half of this person
I wouldn’t be half of this writer
If you hadn’t taken me by the hand
And shook until my body went limp.
So I’m not going to guarantee no poems about you.
I’m not going to promise to wash your name from my hands.
I’m just going to say no more will I let you
Bend
Break
Beat
This body of mine.
I’m done with you as a human. 

No comments:

Post a Comment