What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Gossip

Spread like wildfire.
One branch
The next
Eating one leaf after another.
News catching the ears
Of those bent to other tasks.
And suddenly the whole world knew.
Our whole world knew.
It was as if we’d all been waiting.
Waiting for the moment that this news
This epic tale of love and possible pain
Would be brought to fruition within our ears and upon our tongues.
And we had to spread.
Had to tell.
Had to share with each other.
As if it were a message of hope and holiness
When in reality it was just gossip.
And even now.
I think of holding the blade above my tongue
Because I had to turn to whisper.
Had to leave my work and share.
But why.
I don’t understand why.
Why did I do this?
Why did I have to say these things?
Not bad,
Not good,
Just sharing news.
I wish I could have stayed.
Sat upon my seat a moment longer
Before I rushed to tell the others.
But I didn’t.
But perhaps
Perhaps next time I shall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment