What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Personal Library

I think of you as a library now.
Someone who spread their knowledge across the table
Let me pick it up
Trying to fit pieces where they would not go.
But it was your knowledge
Your insight into life
That helped me figure out that we are opposites.
That nearly everything you say
Believe
Do
I am the opposite.
The other side of your coin.
And if either of us were less prideful
We could fill the gaps.
But we are too much.
Too much to ever be
And that is why I think of you as my library now.
As the one who showed me possibilities
And I sat there shaking my head
Biting my lip
Hmming at the things I never agreed with.
And that is when I took up my pen.
Took up
And never set back down.
Because I could hear you on the other side of the world
Saying the things I could not agree with
And I could not sit to listen.
I do not hate you.
I do not loathe you.
I do not even pity you.
I just cannot let your thoughts
Go unanswered.

No comments:

Post a Comment