What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Too Much Light

I only see the good in people.
I see all the light
And cannot see the dark.
Some would call it a gift
To see so much good,
B ut I call it curse.
Constantly coereced into believing my eyes.
Expecting pure hearts and steady hands.
Always caught off guard
By underhanded remarks
And unintentional digs.
I feel it.
I feel all the hurt they cause
But I cannot see the dark until its already upon me.
I see only the good in people
The good intentions
And softened hearts.
And that is why I love so many.
Come to know so many pure white souls.
And soon you’ll be licking off your fingers
The salt of the good willed.
But eventually it will spoil.
And you will be left with that rotten taste in your mouth.
That taste that tells you
You trusted too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment