What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, December 19, 2011

One Thousand Poems

I could write a thousand poems about you.
A hundred poems about the way it hurts.
A hundred poems about the way it aches.
A hundred poems about the way I’m angry.
But I won’t .
I won’t rephrase and rephrase
Because I know I deserve more.
I deserve poems about flowers and sunshine.
I deserve poems about windswept landscapes.
I deserve the good days.
I deserve the way we used to be.
So this will be the one.
The single poem I’ll write about this.
I deserve better.
 I deserve some dedicated.
I deserve to be a priority.
I deserve something more.
But you won’t give that.
You won’t ever give me that.
So I’m moving on.
Moving away from what you did
What you didn’t do.
What you said
And what you didn’t say.
So thank you or the good times
But I’m not sticking around.
Because I deserve better.
I’m not going to let my brain circle and circle
Like a vulture searching for new rotting flesh in this relationship.
So here is your poem.
The one single poem for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment