What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Focus

Trying not to lose myself in my own head.
Blocking out all the things I imagined
So I focus on the real world.
Doing things slowly and methodically.
Spending extra time washing my hands
So I am aware of it.
But these shadows keep creeping up on me.
Breathing opiates o sleepy wonder.
Lost in clouds of maybes and perchances.
 But right now in this moment
I’m just trying to feel the cold bricks against my back.
Trying to hear the murmur around me.
Trying to be in the moment
Because my head is swimming
with a future I’d much prefer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment