What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Race the Sunrise

I drove home last night
Calculating which would reach you first
Sunrise me in this little car foot to the floorboard.
I let the sun run that race alone.
But my heart wandered over mountain ranges while I slept.
Clawing its way to your doorstep just to see.
See if you made it home safe.
See the curve of your smile.
See the first golden rays in your seashore eyes.
But my mind stayed locked up in my head.
Constantly making the choice to stand resolute.
Back bone straight in defiance of the way
 you make my heart bend with every beat.
And my body.
My body stayed chained to this state.
Because no matter how much my head and
heart are in the sunrise of your state
My body knows you don’t want me there.
No matter how many superlatives you scatter
Like flocking on Christmas trees.
Clumping and clodding in the strangest places.
I know you don’t want me there.
Don’t want me lapping up pools of sunshine with you.
So I’ll staying this snow fog haze.
It was always my favorite whether anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment