What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Red Thread

They say there is an invisible red thread.
An invisible red thread that connects you with all the people in your life
Past, present and future.
All of the people you are destined to meet.
Have already met by destiny
Or are currently meeting according to the destiny maps.
And I think that’s true.
I believe there are threads in our lives that twist turn and make complete knots
That lead us to the people we need.
Not want.
Need.
I believe that is how I met you.
Met you on that path to my ultimate destruction
And rebirth in a way.
And it never really made sense to me how we met.
Never congealed into a sensible story I could tell my children.
But I’ve got this red thread wrapped around my wrist to prove it.
To say look, see,
This is how we met.
And I’ve been tempted to get that red thread
Permanently pressed against my flesh.
Because I’ve had a hard time holding on lately.
Holding on to that idea
That just as the thread leads to where we meet
It also leads to where we part.
Where it is that eventually you will fall off my radar.
I will have too many other red threads to notice that this little bright one
Has somehow slipped off completely.
I hope that day is far from here
But I know that it will come.
So I thought about adding this to my flesh.
This little red thread that connected me to you.
That connected me to all the people I needed in my life.
But I won’t.
I won’t not because of principle
And not because my mom would cry
But because this is the way it is meant to be.
A million little red threads tied around these arms
Some creeping a new
Some slowly falling away.
Regardless
For a moment
I had your thread and you had mine.
And that is what matters most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment