What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Poison Tree

You were the easy one to love.
Easy because I knew you were bad.
From the moment I saw you I knew you were the poison fruit
That if I touched you I would burn my fingertips.
I can hear all the warnings still
But I knew from the first moment I saw you.
And that is what made it so easy.
I could reach out,
Touch you,
Get myself burned,
Feel that satisfying bittersweet I craved
And call it an end.
 I knew you would shatter my heart
Make everything around me vibrate to the note of your name
But eventually it would end.
And I wouldn’t feel the need to see you everyday.
I wouldn’t feel the need to be near you constantly.
We’d see each other maybe once a year
We’d pick up the cat and mouse game we play
And then when we left it would be over.
I knew exactly how our game would play.
You were easy to love.
But he’s not so easy to love.
He’s got me dipping and diving
Hiding from unexpected hurdles.
I thought he was all good.
The opposite of you, Poison tree.
But I’m learning no one is 100% one thing.
So it’s got me thinking.
Are you really all that bad?
Is there a part of you that knew what was happening?
Did you play along with my game to make it easier?
To make it so I didn’t have to feel so much?
Did you see what I needed and you gave it to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment