What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Needing Vs. Deserving

Sometimes you don't get what you deserve,
Just what you need.
And sometimes it’s hard to be okay with that.
Because I feel like I deserve something better than this
But at least I have this.
I have this shell shock of an awesome friendship
Rather than the apple blossom of a relationship.
And my head says you're fine
But my heart says I’m not
And all I’ve got is 140 characters to say it in.
And you don't know you broke my heart
And I don't know if you really did
But I do know you broke the snow globe I’ve been shaking since I saw you last.
Watching glitter snow fall silently on cardboard cutouts of you and me under orange streetlights.
I know I deserve something as great as you and I
But all I need is your exuberance and warm embraces.
Because I know I love you
But I don't know if I was in love.
But my heart is pounding out one tune
And my head another
And all I know is I just wish you were here.
But I’m getting what I need
Rather than what I deserve.
I deserve you here right now comforting me in this shaking shivering cold.
But I’ve got you sending me little smiles from a million miles away.
Sometimes it’s hard to be okay with what you get
Rather than what you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment