What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Asking the Right Questions

Where do the things go?
The things I’ve lost along the way?
The things I strewed out ahead of and behind me?
Things like shoes and pants
Chargers, pens
Books, headphones?
Are they still tucked under airplane seats?
Stuffed in corners of forgotten cabins?
Underneath the sink in the St. Peter’s Inn in downtown Portland?
Or have they found new homes?
Have they been picked up by the people who breezed through after me?
Have they been taken home or thrown in trashcans?
Have they been donated or reused?
Or do they still map out the places I’ve been?
Markers as to the path of who I am and where I’ve been?
Are they sitting like inanimate sentinels to the sacred places in my life?
The places that mark the journey I’ve made.
Will there someday come a time when a path will be laid between those objects
Lines drawn connecting the sweater I left on a plane when I was four
To the shoes I left under a hotel bed in Maine.
And what will that path spell out?
Will it say who I was or who I have become?
Will it speak of someone with useless objects
Or will it speak of someone too concerned with the bigger things in life
To remember the pair of pants shoved in the corner of the cabin?
I know where most of the things I’ve lost have gone.
Most forgotten on travels as I make my way at break neck speeds
But I want to know what they mean.
What will they mean?
What do all of the things I’ve lost and forgotten
 mean to who finds them
Or to who traces this path across the world and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment