What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

What I'm Looking For

I’m tired of self sacrifice.
I don’t want some boy who is still broken and bleeding.
Don’t want some half man who has to go on long sabbaticals to get his head on straight.
No.
I want a man who is content with his life.
I want a man who has seen shit and yet is still smiling.
I want a man who can brush it off and say
“You know what?
The sun is still shining so lets get over this.”
Because all of this deep broken man stuff?
It’s great in theory.
Beautiful and morose and tragic.
But I want someone who can smile
Someone who enjoys rainstorms because they make puddles to jump in.
Someone who tells me when I’m getting too dark.
Someone who stays up late to cuddle rather than write depressing poetry.
So gentleman,
Wherever you are,
I’m saving up.
Saving up for our sabbatical.
Not so we can get our heads on straight
But so that we can get them just a little crooked.
A little wild crazy grin.
An adventure.
And adventure that doesn’t pack it’s storm clouds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment