What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Tough Love

You want me to be tough.
You say that tough love gets things done.
And I’ve seen that.
You’ve shown me that over the last 4 years.
Built bridges out of the hard things.
Things like going it alone
And keeping the things you want to share
 secret.

But I learned longer ago
That tough love wasn’t for me.
I’ve got skin that flowers into bruised roses with a single sharp word.
I’ve got eyes that hold a thousand bloody doilies underneath them.
And I still have scars from the tough love I was given.

So you go spread your tough love.
Sling your truth against the walls
And splatter paint the crowd.
But I will be sitting here planting daisies in hopes of a smile
And building homes in my heart for the lost ones.
Because tough love works for some
People who never knew it
Or people who learned to crave it.
But I’ve had tough love enough for a life time.
Enough for a life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment