What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Seeing You Again

I stopped seeing your face, everywhere I went, awhile ago.
I pushed you out like yesterday’s newspapers
Saying things like
“I just can’t deal”
“This would never work”
“And this just needs to end”.
And I believed myself.
I crossed my heart
As I crossed that barren desert of life without you.
But I saw your face today.
I smiled to myself thinking
That’s him 40 years from now.
The hair,
The beard,
The fashion sense.
And I thought about you
For the first time in a long time.
Really thought.
And I missed you.
Not the way I missed you then.
But in the way that I miss your presence.
Being near to you.
Knowing if I need you
I can find you.
But right now you’re wandering the earth
With your holy man barefoot soles.
And I’m here
Anchored to a land I don’t want to be in
And building ladders to the clouds I’ve seen since birth.
Know that I miss you.
Wherever that wild rover heart takes you
I will wish that I could find you.
And wherever these white sail boats take me
I will see your face in old men crossing the parking lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment