What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Gift to You

With every snowfall I get reminded of the season that is upon us.
The season of embracing hearts
And giving freely.
Of opening ourselves up
And finding dear ones near.
But I know,
I Know,
This season I won’t see you.
I won’t see your beautiful face
Your easy smile
Your warm embrace.
Instead I will spend this season
Walking amongst people I wish were you
Wishing they understood what I once knew.
But if I did see you
Just once
Just for a moment
I would wrap you up in my arms
And tell you one thing.
“You have all of this.
All of me
Is yours.”
And I hope
I hope you would appreciate it.
Because I can only think of one greater gift
And that is the gift of me letting you in
And we’ve already passed that present round
And its yours if you want it.
This is yours if you want it.
I have never felt like this before
Raised in a semi feminist home
I was never going to be someone’s property
But for you
For you
I’d be whatever you want me to be.
Because I know your soul.
I know you are good and kind
I know you think things through
I know you would make the best of me
So if you want it it’s here for you.
Not just my heart
Not just my body
But my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment