What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Hug Hungry

I’ve been hug hungry for awhile.
Listening to the slam poets who write the best love songs I’ve ever heard
Punctuated with their gasps
Trying to spit the words out so fast
That I feel them across my skin.
And it’s only made it worse.
The ache down in this belly to feel your arms around my shoulders
Bury my face into your chest
And hear you ask me questions.
Questions that I answer straight into your heart.
And every time
Every single time
I think
He won’t understand this.
But you’re different.
You’ve got those pieces of cartilage flapping on either side of your head
But you’ve been listening with your heart.
So I spit my half sobbed answers out in your chest
And you hear them the best.
Yeah, I’ve been missing that.
Missing the way those were the only times I felt safe.
Where I felt at home
Buried in that embrace with you hugging on me like I was being pulled away.
Only because I’d asked you to.
Asked you to be there.
Asked you to hug me whenever I was down
And you did.
You didn’t need any reminders or please
No you were there regardless.
And in the space of 4 hours you gave me 6 hugs.
Hugs that weren’t over in mere seconds.
No, hugs that lasted minutes
As I breathed in your sweatshirt
And you rested your nose upon my head
And we stood.
In the middle of a diner.
In the center of a party.
In a hallway.
The mundanity of the moments
Punctuated with the heart beat of someone I knew really had a heart.
So I’ve been hug hungry for awhile.
Craving to salivate over those drawn out minutes where you whisper answers
Straight into my brain.
Because this mixed up boy is the only one whose giving me straight answers.
And winters come on strong
And I’m shivering all the time
And I just want you here
Here to hug me.

No comments:

Post a Comment