What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blank Spaces

I’ve got blacked out places in  my memory.
Like a movie
I can hear the steady crescendo
The colors soften
Time slows
And then black.
Like standing in that bathroom.
Not more than 4 years old
Hearing the words I’ve heard in a thousand pop songs since then
And then black.
And it scares me to think what goes there.
What could’ve happened in that place where I wrote cursive letters in the steam?
But I will never know.
All I know is that I will never have that last piece.
And yet it still keeps coming back to me.
Mulling over those moments
When its quite possible I stopped being a child
And became something more broken.
But I can never answer my own question.
And I can’t remember most things for the next 3 years
Just cuts and pieces
Bright colors and sot voices
But mostly just the blanks spaces.
Mostly just the blank places.  

No comments:

Post a Comment