What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Same Shade of Skins

The other day I noticed you and I have the same skin
An olive brown.
Tanned by days in the sun
but yellowing in the fall cool cloudy.
I took it for a sign.
 A sign that you and I were one.
Two pieces lost trying to find each other.
The only problem is you're flipped upside down and backwards
And I’m just ramming myself into all the wrong edges.
 But once you're the right way
We’ll slip together like we'd always been meant to be.
That thought got me through the detox of your absence.
 But I figured it out.
You and I share a skin because we're one.
One and the same.
We are here to help each other figure out our lives.
 I've got the life you need
And you have the life I want.
We are not meant.
We are not soul mates
We are not future lovers
 We are siblings.
Pulled apart to lift each other up.
Sorry I can’t seem to keep things straight.
But I’ve got the deep down blues.
The great wide hollows.
And so I’m clinging onto anything
That shines any kind of light.
And baby,
You’re the brightest light I’ve seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment