What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gluttony

I’m a glutton for your punishment.
Always lapping at the pools of cyanide you left around this place.
Always finding the traps and sticking my legs in them.
Always got my eyes wide open as I annihilate myself.
And I wish I wasn’t.
I wish I could stop.
Just remove you out of my life.
Cut you out like the tumor you are.
But I’ve grown fond of you.
Like a pet addiction.
Like a silly quirk that destroys everything around it.
And I know you don’t mean to.
And I know if you knew what you did
You’d somehow find a way to stop it.
But neither of us
Has the strength to tear this world apart.
Neither of us has the guts to tear this one solid thing apart.
So I get sick to my stomach.
I get chills and goosebumps when I see you.
I literally cannot be in the same room as you without feeling agitated.
So I’m sorry but I’ve got to find something.
Something that pulls us apart
Or I’m going to be the one that gets sliced in two.
I’m sorry but I can’t handle this anymore.
This round about way of things.
I know you don’t know this but
The things you do?
The little things?
Like curl up next to me
Or pick to drive with only me
Or whisper about how much you hate the girl who has been hitting on you all night
To only me?
Well those are the things that make me fall in love.
Those are the things that pull my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment