What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Check For a Pulse

Run your thumbs along my veins.
Check and see if this heart is still beating
Because I don’t know anymore.
It’s been day since I last drew breath.
It’s been weeks since I last saw myself move.
It’s been months since I felt anything along this dead skin.
So you tell me.
You tell me.
Because yours is the only measuring stick I trust right now.
The only ruler that I can see.
Please.
You tell me.
Because I’m falling apart
At least I think.
And I don’t know what to do anymore.
I’m out of options and gold moments of faking it.
So please,
Please,
Run your finger along this vein and tell me if I’m still alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment