What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Who I Know I am.

I want to be who I was.
I don’t want it to be some flash in a pan.
I feel myself settling back down to the rhythm of the mundane
And I can hear my dreams escaping out the back door.
I’m spending my nights curled up in bed
Rather than curled around a glass of something spitting words out on a page
And it scares me.
It scares me that I’ll become someone I never wanted to be.
Some dream weaver.
Some has been.
Some person living their life referring back to their moment in the limelight.
I don’t want to be that person.
I want to be the person who walked out of the limelight holding her torch
Headed for the east and not stopping for anyone or anything along the way.
But then I stumbled.
I stumbled and in the recuperation process I lost the muscle
The muscle that pumped that dream blood through my veins.
And I can feel the harness wearing where it rubs against my neck
And I’m worried I’ll get used to this.
I’ll get comfortable with this.
And I won’t become who I know I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment