What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Apology

You finally said it.
3 words that I longed to hear.
I am sorry.
I thought it would save me.
Thought it would heal all the broken bones and the torn limbs.
I thought that if I only knew you regretted it
That somehow it would make it as if it didn’t happen.
As if all of that climbing to the top of a mountain
To find myself at the lowest point in the universe
Didn’t happen.
But it did.
So the sorry helped.
It let me know you knew what you did was wrong.
But it didn’t make me feel better.
No those weeks of sorting out the who I am from the who I’ll be from the who I’ve been
Is what made me feel better.
I had to take these broken bones and glue them back together with things like poetry
And sunshine
And good music
And better friends.
I had to sew those limbs back on with thread made out of hope
And faith
And trust.
So thank you for the apology
I deserved it.
But it isn’t what made everything okay
It isn’t what will make us friends again.
I made that choice.
I’m still making that choice.
I am the captain of my own ship
And your words
Make none of the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment