What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Returning Home

If I could curl right now,
Curl inward in any way,
I would.
I don't feel like the empowered woman who walked out of those ivy clung iron gates to hell.
No I feel like the child shivering under the play set because she was too scared to go inside.
But I know.
I know you have no control of me.
The weak places have broken and healed back strong.
The heart that often gave out is an eternal drum rounding out each note to the sonata of my life.
 But somehow
Some how
I don't know how
When you use that tone these iron jointed knees turn to jelly
And you ask me what’s wrong
And I say absolutely nothing
Because I know what will come off this spitting fire tongue is a whimper.
I wish you knew what you did.
 And I wish you were ashamed
 Because I fused my spine with iron but you're pulling that rug right from under me
And it only makes me hate you more

No comments:

Post a Comment