What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bright Early Blues

I know you.
I know you want to be thought of as all bristle and teeth.
Somewhere between a wild dog
And the lone wolf out on the tundra.
But sometimes when I’m lonely
When I’m sad and completely defeated
I just need to hear the sound of your voice.
Your voice sounds like peace
Like comfort
Like home.
Your eyes feel like where I’ve always meant to be.
So I don’t want you.
I don’t want you anymore.
I know I could never be yours and you could never be mine.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t love you.
I do love you.
I love you more than you ever realized.
So on mornings like this
Mornings where I feel so shaken I don’t remember what solid ground felt like
I just need to hear your voice.
Hear any words from you
Because those are the few things that will still my heart.
Still this quaking shivering heart.
I stand in the morning sun,
But I can’t feel it’s heat till I hear your voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment