What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Plans of the Young

They ask you “But how do you know that what you want now is what you’ll want later?”
I don’t.
I know the opposite.
I know I am going to change.
I know that no matter how solid we think our personalities are at this age we are not who we will become.
I know I’ll have different dreams.
Different aspirations.
Different me.
But I know right now.
I know at this moment at this hour in this house
That I want the thing that’s going to break me apart.
I want what’s bad for me and I am content with that.
I want the thing that will shake this frame
Because maybe it will help me become that person.
That person who can sit for more than a minute.
The person who looks to the future.
The person who plans.
Right now I want winding roads.
I want to be on the wind and flying free.
I want it.
And I am young.
No matter how old you think we are, we are young.
There is so much ahead of me.
I am not going to depend on the future to bring me happiness.
I am going to let it go and seek this moment out.
I’m going to drink it up.
Someday this road won’t be open.
Cut off from me.
Because I’ll no longer be young.
And then
Yes maybe then
I will want that quiet contented life.
But right now.
Right now I want to ignite my nerve endings
And fall flying spread like the stars above into the life I never planned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment