What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Friends Don't Let Friends Say They're in Love

Friends don’t let friends say they’re in love.
But why.
Has romantic eeling become such a one way street?
A promenade between the haves and the have nots that we can’t accept a little compliment?
Say you’re attractive doesn’t quite cover it.
I don’t see what is so inherently wrong in me walking straight up to him and saying
I love you.
There is no obligation, no expectation of return.
But at least he knows.
He knows that I find him attractive in every sense of the word.
And given the chance…
Well who can say where it’d go.
But for now
Just for now I’d like to tell him I’m in love.
When did our society decide that love was dependant?
You could only love someone if they loved you back?
We all profess toi be so emotionally stable
But when it comes to the emotion that keeps us on this Earth
We find it offensive, or obtrusive or execntric.
When you love some one,
Seen them in the good and the bad
Know the curve of their thumb and what their canines look like
When you’ve absorbed the moments you spend with them
Why can’t you tell them you’re in love?
I’m not saying throw the word around like it has been with Free Love from the decades before us
But when you feel it through the thick and the thin
Through the miles and the silence
When you feel it through your core
Why can’t you say you love them?
I’d want to know.
What greater form of flattery is there than to say I love you, even when I hate you I love you?
Why can’t we just say it?
                I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment