What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, August 19, 2011

I would Help you Heal

I wish I could heal you.
I wish I could wrap these sad girl hands around your heart.
Tell you that it will all be alright.
Tell you just to hold on through the night.
But you’re not listening.
You’ve got your ear to the ground listening for the hum of the earthquake you know will come.
The earthquake that will rattle and roll your fears
Until they’re one great big mass of anxiety and tears.
But I would help if I could.
If you could hear me over the hum
Over the drone of your own loneliness.
But you can’t.
You can’t
And I can’t heal you all on my own.
I’d make you feel better if I had the option.
Take that broken down sad boy heart of yours
And share with you the joy that I’ve managed to dig from the dying dust of this tired old world.
I’m doing my best to heal the scratches that I can find
But your wounds are on your underbelly and you’re lying with your heart to the ground.
So I’m sorry that it hurts.
I’m sorry that you’ve got the post love depression
The rain that follows the summer
And I would help you heal
If you would only let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment