What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dark Nights


They preached the virtues of being alone.
Of standing on your feet and knowing who you are.
And that’s good and all.
But I’ve got these nights.
These nights where I’m shaking
And vibrating with my fear.
Feeling like the darkness is pressing down squeezing how the happy-go-lucky.
Nights where the world turns and for a brief moment I see the underbelly.
I’m known for seeing the silver lining
But I’ve got nights where all I see is clouds.
And I lose it.
I need someone to shake me.
Someone to awaken me.
Someone to say I’m here for you.
I’m all good with being alone,
But right now
At this moment
When I feel like I am completely alone in this universe
That’s all bullshit.
I’m sorry but it’s the truth.
Man was made to accompany his fellow men
And I’m in dire need.
I’m scared that if I don’t find someone to walk with for awhile
I’m never going to let myself walk again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment