What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Weight of the World

I’m a good person.

I have done great things in my 22 years here on Earth.

I have never intentionally harmed someone.

My vices are English boys and good food.

I could’ve turned to drugs.

I could’ve turned to alcohol.

I could’ve let this carousel spin faster and faster until I was flung off.

I could’ve jumped off that cliff.

I could’ve lost my head.

But I didn’t.

I’m still holding on.

I’ve still got a faith in a God who watches over me.

I’ve battled through this year

And it’s not over yet.

So you can slander me all you want.

You can press down with all the force of your hate.

You can lie to me

You can try and break me

But I haven’t broken yet.

I haven’t given into the weight of the world quite yet

And I’m not going to let something like you break me.

I’m too strong for that.

So I will continue to believe I’m a good person.

I will still have faith.

I will still smile and let it roll off

Because I could’ve let it get me.

But I didn’t.

And I’m not going to let you

Ruin my mind,

Ruin my life.

I am a good person

And that’s not going to change anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment