What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sunshine

You were summer.

Sunshine and lollypops

Golden smiles and sand between my toes.

And I thought this was a summer that would last.

A summer that meant winter would never come.

That winter, snow, darkness, cold, rain, depression

Would be held at bay as long as I gripped your hand.

As long as I had my eye on you.

As long as you were within yelling distance.

And I did.

I had summer for 2 good weeks.

A beautiful sunrise of kumquats

Followed decades later by a sunset of fireworks.

Sparklers in hand

Beers cracked and cold

Americana on the radio.

But summer ended.

Change of leaves

Chilly breeze

And everything I thought was warm

Turned to ice and stone.

And I flipped through the calendar

Trying to see when summer would come again.

When 2 more weeks would flow along

That meant more than a whole year.

But I didn’t see it.

When I checked my schedule

Your name wasn’t written across weeks or days or even hours.

And I’ll miss the flip flops

Of my heart.

And sun umbrellas

That shielded me from the pain.

And you.

Most of all I’ll miss you my sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment