What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Was I the only one?

Was I the only one you left?
The only one you sent out to the cold and to the dark?
Was I the only one who didn’t pass your test?
Your test to who would mold for you?
Because you may think that hurts me.
You may think I’m going to doubt myself now.
You may think I’m going to hate myself for what I’ve done.
But I don’t.
Because I am the only one who was left behind.
I was the only one sent out.
You know what that makes me?
That makes me different.
That makes me special.
That makes me exceptional.
Something I’ve known my whole life.
So you may still have the friends we made that year.
They all may still be smiling in your photos
But I’ve got new friends.
And I’ve got myself.
Someone so special I didn’t need you.
 This year might’ve been the toughest thing I’ve faced
But it wasn’t because of you.
It was because just like a butterfly
I was breaking through the cocoon I’d made of lies.
Breaking through that shell of who I’d tried to be
And here I am fully formed
Wings unfurled
Ready to take down this lonely world.

No comments:

Post a Comment