What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Other Boys

I try and think now of any man I could want.

Of finding some boy down at the store or at the next concert

Who could replace you in my heart right now.

And they all seem pale and colorless.

They seem trite and boring.

But I’ve got no choice.

No choice because I’ll never see you again.

Never see your silly smile.

Never see your little dance.

Never hear your chuckle.

But that is life.

So I’ll swallow my pride

Take another drink

And head down to the store or concert

And sure

At first they will be trite and they will be boring.

Their eyes won’t sparkle and their voice won’t make me melt

But eventually,

Eventually,

Eventually

I’ll forget how you make me feel.

So now the idea of other boys seems indigestible

But at some point I’ll be myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment