What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Moments

We all have these moments,

Moments that the rest of our lives pivoted around.

Moments that when you look back

You can say well that

Lead to this

Which lead to that

Which lead to this other thing

And that’s how I got here.

And the events can be big

Or they can be small,

But for some reason they lead to a life completely different.

And sometimes those events make you cry

Or maybe you cringe with the pain that still seizes your heart

But hopefully you laugh

Hopefully you smile and think

I would never have guessed that would lead me here.

But here I am.

New, improved, older, wiser, better me.

And hopefully you don’t regret those moments.

Hopefully you accept them for what you’ve become.

Because I’ve had moments that felt like a mountain top

But lead me into the pits of hell.

And moments that felt like purgatory itself

But lead me to the happiest sunshine meadows of my life.

And I don’t want to change any of them.

I am who I have become and I have those moments to thank for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment