What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hearing Things

I heard your voice in my head again.

For the thousandth time today.

Like a constant reminder I was torn away from you.

Away from the cloud of watermelon that engulfs you when you open a new piece of gum.

Away from the brightness of your laugh and the hip shakes you do when you’re excited.

A reminder that chances are I’ll never see you again.

Never see your dimples

Or the way I could make your eyes cloud over with just one little tease.

Never hear you mispronounce a word

Or butcher my name.

A reminder that soon enough we'll be on other sides of a great big globe

And there was something there.

An inkling of something greater than you

And greater than me.

An inkling of this summer’s blockbuster romantic comedy.

An inkling of the next tween novel success story.

But that fading fast.

It’s fading quicker than I could've wished

Because I can't see your face with my eyes wide open anymore.

And I can't see the alabaster of your skin

When I stare at the bright sunlight.

Instead I see a world devoid Of color and of music.

A world robbed of the beauty of a new love.

A world robbed of us as one.

I wish I didn't hear your voice echoing off these walls.

I wish this song didn't sound like that last perfect evening.

I wish the color of the sunset didn't remind me of that day on the beach.

And soon enough it won't.

Soon enough you'll be gone with the wind

I’ll be in the land of mountains and you'll be by the sea.

Soon enough you won't even remember me.

And years from now when I tell my grandchildren the story of this summer

My eyes will be young and bright when I mention your name

But you will be some boy whose name starts with an r

And who had these gorgeous dimples and a great laugh.

Who knows what would have happened if things had gone differently,

But soon enough we'll be strangers again.

But for now I hear your voice for the thousand and first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment