What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wishing on the Inbetween

I can fill a jar with my wishes.

I could fill a pool as well.

I could take out the whole Pacific and fill it with wishes

And it still couldn’t hold them all.

Some say I’m too optimistic

That thinking of what I want is just not good.

Because if you have miniscule ambitions

You never cry for what you once would

They tell me dream a little bit smaller.

Don’t fly so high.

Stick to the ground

That is why

Why we have gravity

Why we were born without wings

Lay on the earth and grab a hold

Forget those big old dreams.

Some say my dreams are too small.

That the things that I wish for

Are not worth it at all.

Raise my expectations and beat against that wall.

They tell me dream a little bigger

Out through the curtains

Up past the moon

That’s how you get to be a star.

That its only those

Who leave behind it all

Who have anything to show

Anything worth anything at all.

But Icarus flew too high.

Flew too close to the sun

And his wings they melted

And little Icarus, he was done.

He built those wings to leave a prison

Someplace he no longer wanted to be.

Leaving there was his only ambition

His one true dream.

So I’ll learn from Mr. Icarus

From he did wrong and right.

I’ll fly out of this deep dark prison

But not too close to the light.

Yes I’ll soar amongst the clouds

Not held down but not held up

Somewhere in the in between.

Yes I’ll dream and wish for what I want

But learn from what I’ve seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment