What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

(2/2) Beauty at the Sink

I want a man who thinks I’m most beautiful

As I wipe off the make up, pull up the hair that took me hours and slip into my pajamas.

A man who sees that beauty is not a physical

But in seeing someone as they truly are.

A man who sees that in this blotched skin, awkward hair and interesting clothing choice

Is a girl who cares.

A girl who cares about herself.

A girl who cares more about her friends happiness than her own

A girl who tries to be honest.

A girl who is both a part of society but also an individual.

A girl who wants to show the world who she is.

A girl who applies the makeup and does the hair to not be a total outcast

So at some point she can tell the world what she’s been dying to say.

I want a man who sees me most beautiful

As I pull my hair in a sloppy pony tail, put on the cut off shorts and faded tshirt

And sets to work.

Work to fix things.

To make things right.

To tell people they’re not alone.

I want a man who sees more than just the surface,

Who doesn’t see the beauty swallowed down the sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment