What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

We're Leaving

We’re leaving

We’re all leaving.

Now, or sometime soon.

We’ll all take different paths and head out to the great big world.

And I want to be sad, but I can’t.

We’re all going to leave.

It doesn’t mean we love each other any less.

It simply means these days, these raucous times, are over.

And now instead of parties and chilling out

We’ve got meetings and interviews.

Instead of tshirts and cutoffs

We’ve got ties and skirts

Now instead of punkrock

We’re going classical.

So I hope we don’t lose ourselves.

Don’t forget the summer nights, screaming fights and sunny roadtrips that got us through these years together.

I hope I don’t wake up one morning wearing a pant suit with no urge to dye my hair or blare my radio.

I hope you don’t end up in the quiet suburbs you told me you hated so much with a fence, a yard and a minivan.

No I hope underneath your sensible bifocals you’ve got a curly cue moustache.

And I hope behind the podium I’m teaching class barefoot.

Because we’re all going to leave.

We’re all going to age and grow older.

But that shouldn’t mean we lose ourselves.

We’re leaving, but I’m not leaving my Self behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment