What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

(2/2) Missing

I cry when people leave.

Anyone and everyone.

People I just met, friends I’ve known for yours, favorite characters on tv shows.

And for years I thought if I was good enough I could make them stay.

I thought I could excrete superglue from my fingertips if I opened my heart wide enough.

Like if somehow they understood what they truly meant to me they wouldn’t leave.

But I grew up.

I let that childish idea die

Until you told me to stop missing people.

That I’d wear myself out if I missed at the rate I did.

I looked at my life, with scares and bruises from where people have left.

And then I looked at yours, clean and straight.

And I saw the wild hair and broken grin of my heart and decided I’d rather be me than be you.

I know I can’t keep people near, but I can always keep them in my heart.

I can keep them from being forgotten.

I’d rather feel the pain of missing all of the people who leftthan be left with a silent sterile life.

So my hands have scrapes and scars that I guess could’ve been avoided

But I’d rather have these open hands than your closed fists.

No comments:

Post a Comment