What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, April 8, 2011

On Dreams

When I was little I would paint grand ideas.

I’d cover the sky from wall to wall with holidays in Spain, adventures in New York and a time machine to dinosaur times.

And with all of my little weakened heart I would pump my very blood into them.

I’d wish and hope and dream for things to align and be perfect.

That somehow I could ditch the life I was destined for and lead the life I wanted.

I’d be one of those kids I had read books about who could manage not going to school.

And then I realized that wasn’t what I was going to get.

That my parents, my siblings, that my life wasn’t conducive to these dreams.

And so I grew up, keeping my little dreams to myself.

Always saying them jokingly, but also hoping they’d come true.

But I’m an adult now.

I’ve got choices I can make.

And so I am dreaming.

I am dreaming big.

I am dreaming of a life in a van playing music and reading poetry.

I am dreaming of a flat in London where I can feel at home.

I am dreaming of a world where I can sit and create art at the pace I want.

And I will make these dreams come true.

I’m not going to let these years pass by when I am young and free.

Every one says “Jump on the chance while you’re young”

“You’re going to let the years pass by and regret you didn’t do this”

Well guess what! I am not going to let this slip through my fingers!

I am not letting these dreams escape me.

I am going to grab ahold of these balloon strings and not let go.

I am going to soar into the sky leave this western world of point a to point b behind

And explore what life has in store for me.

Come along, come join me.

But do not tell me it can not be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment