What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Perfect Woman

Hello? Yes I am here.

I am solid and real.

I’ve got a brain, a heart and a sweetness.

Yes all of those things you’ve been pining over in a lady friend? I’ve got them all.

You say “no girl ever likes the same things I do”, and yet here I am.

Sure my curves may not fit into your perfect woman silhouette

but trust me boy I make up for it more than enough.

You say “no girl will understand my boys”

4 years of drumline and I’m making penis jokes along with the rest.

You say “no girl likes the movies I like”

I’m quoting Boondock Saints, Star Wars and Bill and Ted with the best of them.

You say “no girl understands why I can’t emote”

I’m writing a sassy tongue in cheek poem to tell you I love you.

So I may not be exactly what you’re looking for but boy I’m better than that!

I am real, I am solid!

Do you think I wanted some weak, snot nosed, smartass? Oh no!

I wanted a man who could fix my car

but we’ve both settled on bikes.

I wanted a man who would chase after me

But I’ve got to go to your house if I ever want to see you.

I wanted a man who could protect me

but I’m the one wielding the spider killing shoe.

So I may not be a perfect woman but you are far from a perfect man.

But I think we’re both perfect in our imperfections

No comments:

Post a Comment