What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Grapefruits

I used to hate grapefruits.

I hated the way my mother would sit them down in front of me peering up from a smiling bowl and all I would taste was tears.

Yes I hated grapefruits, the way they looked happy and shiny on the outside but when truly understood they were made of awful.

I hated them until this year.

This year a friend of mine introduced me to the concept of sugar.

A sprinkle of sugar atop the grapefruit and it tasted alright.

It actually tasted good.

It actually tasted great.

Now instead of reaching for my bowl of sugar cereal I grab a grapefruit.

I grab a grapefruit because though it may take some time to get used to, it’s worth it.

I use to hate emotions.

I hated the way the people who came from happy shiny homes could sit down in front of me and explain exactly how their feeling.

Yes I hated feelings, the way they got caught in my throat and refused to come out but I was choking on them deep down inside.

I hated them until this year.

This year a friend introduced me to true emotive poetry.

A pen and a paper and my feelings were outside of me.

I actually could emote.

I actually could emote well.

Now instead of choking on my words and dying with emotions stuck inside, I reach for my notebook.

I grab my notebook because though I may not be perfect and you may not hear these words, its better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment