What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pictures

I saw a picture of you today.

A picture taken with your new friends in a place we never went to.

I didn’t miss you.

I didn’t feel possessive.

I didn’t feel betrayed.

Instead I just felt sad.

Felt sad for the times we never had together.

Felt sad for the way we ended and for the way you refused to respect me.

We had once been the best of friends always talking, always one in love with the other.

But you grew bitter and angry at the world.

I stayed happy and go-lucky.

And by the end of our years penned together we were strangers sharing a sandwhich.

So I saw a picture of you today.

You looked happy.

I was glad you were happy.

I was glad that maybe you had found something or someone to make you feel whole.

I’m still me.

I still believe in Jesus Christ and I still go to church.

I wonder if you’d understand that now.

I wonder if you’d respect me now.

I saw a picture of you today and I wonder if you see the pictures of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment