What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

(2/2) From the Musician to the Poet

I don’t want to break your heart.

I don’t want to say things that mean nothing to me but everything to you.

I don’t want to lead you on and tear you apart.

because I know you’ve had some hard times.

I know you’ve had your share of broken hearts.

And so have I.

And thats why I’m peeling back this duct tape as gently as I can.

So you don’t return home with cuts and bruises in the shape of my name.

I don’t want to be the one to hurt you,

But I can’t be the one to save you.

I’m sorry honey I’m not the one.

I’m not mister right.

Or some blazing example of perfect.

I am not the one who will heal you.

I am not the one who will complete you.

I am not the one who will love you.

So write another poem about me.

This time take the words your brain has been screaming,

the ones that say he’s a ruffian, a hooligan, a street rat.

Take those words and write them down.

Keep them safe and keep them close

Because every time your heart leaps out of your chest after me

Use those to tie it down.

Lash it with the impossibles.

Wrap it in the never gonnas.

Lock it up with the wouldn’t works.

I promise you that I will never write you a song.

I promise you that I will never rhyme something with your name.

I promise you that I will never calm this wild mustang heart for you.

So I’m sorry but I will never

I cannot

and I won’t love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment